Tuesday, May 11, 2010

On a lighter note

A few years ago, someone clipped an article from the Bridge Bulletin about the Cavendish pairs to show my grandmother. They knew she had a bridge-playing grandson named Weinstein. My grandmother was pretty with it, but past 90 and could be a little confused about things sometimes. Anyway, she showed me the article and said, "It's wonderful you won this tournament, but it's a terrible picture of you! And they got your name wrong, you're not Steve!"

Congratulations to *Steve* Weinstein and Bobby Levin for winning the Cavendish an ever-more-absurd number of times. And Steve shouldn't take offense about the "terrible picture"; in my grandmother's world, all her descendants should be models.

5 comments:

Memphis MOJO said...

Their record is amazing, and "the other Weinstin" won two other times with Fred Stewart.

Anonymous said...

I looked up Steve Weinstein. You're better looking than he is. And I'm not your grandmother, either.

Jonathan Weinstein said...

Thanks, Mom!

Anonymous said...

Mom has yet to learn how to comment on blogs. This is your sister.

Jonathan Weinstein said...

Ha! I was joking but I came close :-).